commons-user mailing list archives

From Mandie Smith <man...@houseofgnomes.net>
Subject [vfs-trunk] webdav and ant tasks
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 16:08:10 GMT
I'm trying to test out the webdav functionality in the trunk of vfs and I'm
having some trouble with the ant tasks.  I'm just trying a simple test to
try and create a directory on the webdav server.  My build.xml looks like
this:

<project name="test" xmlns:vfs="antlib:org.apache.commons.vfs.tasks">
  <target name="main">
    <vfs:mkdir dir="webdav://
user:password@hostname.com/archiva/repository/snapshots/testOrg/testArtifact"
/>
  </target>
</project>

When I try to run this I get the following exception:

org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not determine the type of
file "webdav://user:***@hostname.com/archiva/repository/snapshots/testOrg".
    at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.getType(AbstractFileObject.java:476)
    at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.createFolder(AbstractFileObject.java:931)
    at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.createFolder(AbstractFileObject.java:952)
    at org.apache.commons.vfs.tasks.MkdirTask.execute(MkdirTask.java:62)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
    at
    at
    at
org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:385)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1337)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1306)
    at
org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1189)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:217)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:257)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:104)
Caused by: org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Unknown message with
code "Found".
    at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.webdav.ExceptionConverter.generate(ExceptionConverter.java:88)
    at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.webdav.ExceptionConverter.generate(ExceptionConverter.java:41)
    at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.webdav.WebdavFileObject.execute(WebdavFileObject.java:413)
    at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.webdav.WebdavFileObject.getProperties(WebdavFileObject.java:488)
    at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.webdav.WebdavFileObject.getProperties(WebdavFileObject.java:463)
    at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.webdav.WebdavFileObject.getProperty(WebdavFileObject.java:456)
    at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.webdav.WebdavFileObject.getProperty(WebdavFileObject.java:448)
    at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.webdav.WebdavFileObject.isDirectory(WebdavFileObject.java:428)
    at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.webdav.WebdavFileObject.doGetType(WebdavFileObject.java:113)
    at
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.getType(AbstractFileObject.java:467)
    ... 20 more

Total time: 1 second

I dug through the source and the exact HTTP code was a 302 Found, which
makes no sense to me.

Am I even using this correctly?  Could someone point me in the right
direction?

thanks,
Mandie