commons-user mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: FTP findFiles vs FILE
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2010 21:51:03 GMT
I don't know if it's a bug or not.  I can access this URL just fine:

ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/gene/DATA/

And, it has "gene/DATA" off the main server.  So, the CWD stuff
shouldn't be the problem.  Here's my code:

FileObject baseDir =
VFS.getManager().resolveFile("ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/gene/DATA/");
FileObject[] files = baseDir.getChildren();// baseDir.findFiles(new
AllFileSelector());
System.out.println("Found " + files.length + " files!");

It works with either findFiles() or getChildren().

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 5:48 PM, Tom <tbee@tbee.org> wrote:
> Naturally the better solution is to patch the changeWorkingDirectory method
> in the FTPClientWrapper
>
> Tom
>

> On 2010-03-15 22:44, Tom wrote:
>>
>> I found the problem: FTPClient cannot do a changeWorkingDirectory with
>> multiple directories ("Alfresco/Documents"), you need to take it there
>> step-by-step: first changeWorkingDirectory to "Alfresco", then
>> changeWorkingDirectory to "Documents".
>>
>> A simple relPath.split("/") with a for loop solves it.
>>
>> Tom
>>

>> On 2010-03-15 22:04, Tom wrote:
>>>
>>> And last but not least; accessing the FTP server using Apache Commons Net
>>> FTPClient works fine as well. It really is something VFS does wrong.
>>>
>>>    ftp://admin:admin@localhost/Alfresco/Documents

If I