commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Tyler <sty...@mimecast.com>
Subject Compress: ZipArchiveInputStream
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 18:14:51 GMT

I have been using the ZipArchiveInputStream class to decompress zip files and have been hitting
a few problems notably with xps files. The ZipFile class is able to handle these correctly.

After some investigation it turns out that the problematic files all use the zip file Central
Directory for file sizes etc rather the the Local Header for each entry. This is understandable
given the limits of input streams.

The issue I now have is that I cannot move to the file based mechanism and need to stick with
streams. The stream class does not report errors in this case but simply stops as though the
end of the zip has been reached. Is there anyway the class can report these errors back to
the caller? The Sun zip library does this but has other problems. Looking at the source I
can see where I think the fix would need to go but before I look at doing it I would like
to now if anyone else has seen\fixed this issue?

Simon

Simon Tyler
Senior Developer

2 - 8 Balfe Street
Kings Cross,
London, N1 9EG

mobile +44759 073 5958
tel: +44 (0) 207 843 2300
web www.mimecast.com

The information contained in this communication from styler@mimecast.com is confidential and
may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for use by user@commons.apache.org and others
authorized to receive it. If you are not user@commons.apache.org you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this
information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Mimecast Ltd. is a company registered in England and Wales with the company number 4698693
VAT No. GB 832 5179 29
Registered Office: 17 Heathman’s Road London, England, SW6 4TJ Email Address: info@mimecast.com

This email message has been scanned for viruses by Mimecast.
Mimecast delivers a complete managed email solution from a single web based platform.