commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Zeigermann <oliver.zeigerm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commons-transaction abandoned?
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 10:01:12 GMT
Folks!

What Henri says is completely right.

The project has been abandoned by me as I lost faith in one of its
goal - ACID properties (especially atomicity) on any file system. From
my (and others) point of view it can not be achieved by *any*
implementation. So if you are asking whether there is another
implementation that is more suitable, my answer is "there can't be
any".

Certain parts of the 2.0 code are quite reasonable, though, especially
the locking and deadlock detection part. That's why I have not been
determined what to do with the project. Certainly 2.0 is better than
1.x by any means, but I still think it should not be released as its
promises can not be kept.

Any thoughts?

- Oliver