commons-user mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [Commons Math] Curious about Apache Commons Math
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 22:37:12 GMT
Martin Gainty a écrit :
> Bienvenue Luc!
>
> can you provide examples of any advantages of using Apache Math project over the provided
java.Math library?

The standard Math class in the java language mainly provides simple
functions (trigonometric, logarithm, power, min, max ...).

Commons-math provides complete algorithm dealing with general purposes
needs, from statistics to Ordinary Differential Equations, linear
algebra or optimization. Take a look at the overview in the user guide:
<http://commons.apache.org/math/userguide/overview.html>, it describes
the main features of the library.

So as a summary, commons-math has a much wider scope than the Math class.

> Merci Beacoups!

You're welcome

> Martin Gainty

Luc

> Note de déni et de confidentialité
> Ce message est confidentiel et peut être privilégié. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire
responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.