commons-user mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [Commons Math] Curious about Apache Commons Math
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 22:14:55 GMT
Disc Magnet a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am new to this list and I wanted to know a few things about Apache Commons
> Math. Is it an active project? Do you know any other open source projects or
> open source/commercial organizations who use Apache Commons Math?

Commons math is an active project. Here is a search on the developpers
mailing list archive:
<http://commons.markmail.org/search/list:org.apache.commons.dev+%5Bmath%5D+order:date-backward>

In fact, the next release is currently on its way and should probably be
published very soon.

The project is used by several different users but we don't know about
all of them. An hint can be to look at the users list archive (see
<http://commons.markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Aorg.apache.commons.users+[math]+order%3Adate-backward>).
For what it's worth, I can say that it is used in operational space
systems by commercial companies, national space agencies and astronomy
research teams.

> Are there any contributions required for Commons Math? If so, what kind of
> contributions would be helpful to the project?

If you wish to contribute, take a look at our JIRA issue tracking system
<http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH> and at the contribution
pages <http://www.apache.org/foundation/getinvolved.html>,
<http://commons.apache.org/volunteering.html> and
<http://commons.apache.org/patches.html>.