commons-user mailing list archives

From sic <sic_1...@naver.com>
Subject Re: [dbcp] Re: Oracle session excess over maxActive
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 05:10:24 GMT

Yeah, I'll check whether I close PreparedStatements, Statements and ResultSet
objects properly on my code.
Then I think I've already use testOnBorrow without stating clearly <property
name="testOnBorrow" value="true"/> since it's default value is true.
If it occurs again, I'll monitor the number of opened connections by the
netstat command, thanks.

And I'm addressing the appropriate configuration in my case.
I can understand that 5 connections(maxActive(=15) - maxIdle(same as
minIdle=10)) are destroyed and created continuously.
So I'm going to set "maxIdle" property to a negative value(or more than
maxActive value) in order not to destroy connections.

However dropping both of these(e.g. maxIdle = 5, minIdle = 2) as you
remarked above, it's likely to force the pool to destroy excess connections
and create them more extremely.
I wonder what means "dropping both of these" and want to point out my
misunderstanding.

BTW, I'll observe the DB session states after upgrading to the latest
version and eliminating the aggressive abandoned connection cleanup,
checking my closing code.

regards,
sic