commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rob Elliott" <relli...@MarchNetworks.com>
Subject XMLConfiguration Empty Tag syntax
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2010 17:34:01 GMT
I'm parsing some XML and moving it over from one XMLConfiguration object
to another as follows:

private void mergeTopNode(XMLConfiguration masterCfg, XMLConfiguration
mergedCfg,

                                     String nodeName)

    {

        SubnodeConfiguration subNode =
masterCfg.configurationAt(nodeName);

        List nodeList = new ArrayList();

        nodeList.add(subNode.getRootNode());

        mergedCfg.clearTree(nodeName);

        mergedCfg.addNodes("", nodeList);

    }

I have an issue where the node in the first configuration is:

<Foo>

</Foo>

Using the code above the node appears in the second configuration as

<Foo/>

I checked http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#dt-empty and the syntax is legal
however the consumer of the second configuration does not seem to follow
the standard. Is there a setting in the library that I could use to
enforce the orginal syntax?

Thanks.