commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject [configuration] Re: Space or single quote as a value in properties files
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 21:18:20 GMT
Am 04.02.2010 17:42, schrieb Asterios Katsifodimos:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to know if there is a way to set the value of a variable (key)
> to be the space character in a PropertiesConfiguration file.
>
> for example
>
> variable = " "
>
> could I use the double quotes to do that?

 From looking at the code it seems that it is not possible to define a
space character as property value. All lines are trimmed after they were
read.

Unfortunately, double quotes are also not supported. I am not sure,
would it make sense to add support for this feature? What would be the
exact specification?

Don't know whether this helps you, but with XMLConfiguration you can set
space characters as property values.

Oliver