commons-user mailing list archives

From Valentin Rocher <valentin.roc...@sweetlygeek.eu>
Subject Re: [NET] Require information about Apache commons net library
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 10:51:46 GMT
Le 03/02/2010 05:57, Harshwardhan Gunjotikar a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> We are thinking of using Apache commons net library in our project to
> support FTP operations. We have some specific requirements and we tried to
> find out if the library supports those. However, we couldn't find any
> concrete information on the library home page. We also tried to search in
> the archived user mailing list.
>
> Could anybody please let us know if the library supports below requirements.
> Simple Yes/No answers will also help us greatly.
>
> 1 Supports RFC 959

- Yes (see list of commands :
http://commons.apache.org/net/apidocs/org/apache/commons/net/ftp/FTPCommand.html)
> 2 Supports RFC 2228

- I don't see them in the command list, but you could use
http://commons.apache.org/net/apidocs/org/apache/commons/net/ftp/FTP.html#sendCommand(java.lang.String)

to send commands directly to the server. I don't know if the result will
be ok, however.
> 3 Supports RFC 4217

I think
http://commons.apache.org/net/apidocs/org/apache/commons/net/ftp/FTPSClient.html
would work, but I'm not sure
> 4 Compatible with Sun and IBM JDK 1.6
> 5 Supports SOCKS proxy (Our understanding is that it supports FTP proxy)

Net uses java.net.Socket, so yes. See here :
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/Net/FrequentlyAskedQuestions