commons-user mailing list archives

From rtstone <rtst...@gmail.com>
Subject Logging into a website issues with 4.0.1
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2010 23:06:33 GMT

I am trying to log into this website with the latest version of commons 4.0.1
and can't seem to get it to work. I checked the forum and all the posts seem
to reference the older version. Here is my code please help me out .

First the form on the page I am trying to log into

        <form id="loginForm" class="loginForm" method="POST"
action="/path/to/main/page/login">

                            value=""
                            class="edit"
                            id="txtUsernameLogin"
                            name="txtUserName"
                            type="text"/></td>

                            value=""
                            class="edit"
                            name="txtPassword"
                            type="password"/></td>
                        <input type="checkbox" name="txtRemember"
value="true" align="middle"/>
                        Remember me on this computer

                                        class="submit"
                                        value="Login"
                                        alt="Login"/></td>
        </form>

Now the code I am using to try and log in.

import java.io.IOException;
import java.net.URI;
import java.net.URISyntaxException;
import java.util.ArrayList;
import java.util.List;

import org.apache.http.HttpEntity;
import org.apache.http.HttpResponse;
import org.apache.http.NameValuePair;
import org.apache.http.client.ClientProtocolException;
import org.apache.http.client.entity.UrlEncodedFormEntity;
import org.apache.http.client.methods.HttpGet;
import org.apache.http.client.methods.HttpPost;
import org.apache.http.client.utils.URIUtils;
import org.apache.http.client.utils.URLEncodedUtils;
import org.apache.http.cookie.Cookie;
import org.apache.http.impl.client.DefaultHttpClient;
import org.apache.http.message.BasicNameValuePair;
import org.apache.http.protocol.BasicHttpContext;
import org.apache.http.protocol.HTTP;
import org.apache.http.protocol.HttpContext;
import org.apache.http.util.EntityUtils;

/**
 * WebUtils This class contains basic Web Utilities used for logging into
and manipulating data
 * 			on a requested website.
 *
 * @author ME
 */
public class WebUtils {

	/**
	 * getPageSource This Method will return the source code of the requested
page when given the
	 *  			 following parameters
	 *
	 * @return pageSource The source code of the requested page
	 */
	public String getPageSource(){

		  String pageSource = "";

		  DefaultHttpClient httpclient = new DefaultHttpClient();
		  HttpContext localContext = new BasicHttpContext();

		  List<NameValuePair> qparams = new ArrayList<NameValuePair>();
		  qparams.add(new BasicNameValuePair("txtUserName", "myusername"));
		  qparams.add(new BasicNameValuePair("txtPassword", "mypassword"));

		  URI uri;
		try {
			uri = URIUtils.createURI("http", "the.url.to.the.site", 8080,
"/path/to/login",
			      URLEncodedUtils.format(qparams, "UTF-8"), null);

			HttpPost httppost = new HttpPost(uri);
			HttpResponse response = httpclient.execute(httppost, localContext);
	    	HttpEntity entity = response.getEntity();

	    	List<Cookie> cookies = httpclient.getCookieStore().getCookies();

	        if (cookies.isEmpty()) {
	            System.out.println("None");
	        } else {
	            for (int i = 0; i < cookies.size(); i++) {
	                System.out.println(i +" - " + cookies.get(i).toString());
	            }
	        }

	    	if (entity != null) {
	    	    long len = entity.getContentLength();
	    	    if (len != -1) {
	    	    	pageSource = EntityUtils.toString(entity);

	    	    } else {
	    	    	pageSource = "";
	    	    }
	    	}

		} catch (URISyntaxException e) {
			e.printStackTrace();
		} catch (ClientProtocolException e) {
			// TODO Auto-generated catch block
			e.printStackTrace();
		} catch (IOException e) {
			// TODO Auto-generated catch block
			e.printStackTrace();
		}
		return pageSource;
	  }
}

For some reason I can't seem to login. No matter what I do it takes me right
back to the login page. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Also please
note that I don't have control over the login form as it is on a third party
site that I am trying to pull some data off once I get logged in.

Thanks,