commons-user mailing list archives

From evebill8 <evebi...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Is DiskFileItemFactory Thread Safe?
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 05:39:22 GMT

Thanks!  I feel the same.  I am using Java 5, and I do not see any
performance issue yet,  but it just bother other engineers when they see the
code.  I look at the source, the 2 main vars will be used are

        this.sizeThreshold = sizeThreshold;
        this.repository = repository;

They are passed in the createItem method.  I believe as long as I do not
need dynamically to change the sizeThreshold and repository, the factory
object can be static.