commons-user mailing list archives

From "E. Michael Akerman" <m...@exchange.uark.edu>
Subject [Collections] MapUtils.getInteger
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2010 22:02:42 GMT
>Which library are you referring to?

Collections 3.2.1

---

Commons Collections MapUtils.getInteger(Map,Object) sends:

    Exception: java.text.ParseException: Unparseable number: ""

To System.out when invoked on an empty String.

    The document reflects that if conversion fails, "null" is returned -- which I was quite
happy with.  However,  there's no
mention of the side effect on the System.out, and it's filling up my server logs.

Can either the A) documentation be updated or the B) code modified to remove the garbage on
System.out?

I'd be happy to offer a change for either "A" or "B" of the above.

Michael Akerman
Systems Analyst
University IT Services