commons-user mailing list archives

From Daniele Bonetto <daniele.bone...@dnshosting.it>
Subject problem with numActive counter
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2010 09:53:15 GMT
Hello everyone!

I notice a problem using GenericObjectPool.

My code is like this:

         Object obj = null;
         try
         {
                 obj = this.borrowObject();
         }
         catch(NoSuchElementException ex)
         {
             log.error("no such element exception", ex);
             this.invalidateObject(obj);
             throw new NicProviderPoolException("no such element
exception", ex);
         }
         catch(Exception ex)
         {
             log.error("exception", ex);
             this.invalidateObject(obj);
             throw new Exception("exception", ex);
         }
         return (NicProvider)obj;

When the borrowObject throws an exception and i invalidate the
borrowedObject the numActive counter was decreased by 1. The problem is
that the counter will not be increased in case of exception... So, my
numActive counter will be -1 and isn't correct.

Someone has noticed this problem too?

Thanks in advance,
Byez!

Daniele Bonetto