commons-user mailing list archives

From Peter A <peter.abe...@gmail.com>
Subject [LINEAR] Performance and bugs of 2.0 library
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2010 19:45:15 GMT
Hello,

I'm working on a benchmark tool for linear algebra libraries in Java that
measures runtime performance and stability.  I have run the 2.0 library
thought it and posted the results online at:

http://code.google.com/p/java-matrix-benchmark/

I think that the developers of this library might find those results
interesting.  In addition, feedback on the benchmark itself and how I'm
evaluating commons math would also be appreciated.

I believe that there are some issues with the SVD implementation in commons
math 2.0.  Another person, Holger Arndt, is also working on a benchmark
himself and noticed similar problems.  I would post a link to his recent
results but I don't believe he has them up in a public place yet.  I have
yet to test the 2.1a code from SVN.

- Peter Abeles