commons-user mailing list archives

From Pawan Singh <pa...@pinger.org>
Subject Deadlock in DBCP and Pooling
Date Sat, 19 Dec 2009 00:02:37 GMT
I am getting a deadlock in the following place very occasionally. My code is
set up exactly as the examples suggest on the DBCP site.

The code seems to be deadlocked at:

GenericObjectPool.borrowObject() line:1104  <--- this code is in
WHEN_EXHAUSTED_BLOCK and is waiting on latch.wait().
PoolingDataSource.getConnection() line: 96

My set up does not initialize the max or min connections at all with the
understanding that the pool will allocate new connections as needed. Is the
deadlock caused by the fact that someone did not return the connection to
the pool and there is a max limit on it? How do I find how many connections
are in the pool and who is using them?

One last piece of information - I am using DBCP and Pool in a J2SE app.

-Pawan