commons-user mailing list archives

From "PUJARI, Rahul (Rahul)" <rahul.puj...@alcatel-lucent.com>
Subject TFTP send issue 2.0
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 07:12:39 GMT
Hi,

        I am using commons net 2.0 version. I have a TFTP server implemented and the scenario
is below -

1) Client sends TFTPWrite request.
2) Server sends DATA packet, client sends ACK. Server receives it (thr TFTP.receive()).
3) This goes well for quite some time.
4) Now server gets same ACK thrice, means some packets are not reached to client and client
sends the same ACK again.
5) Server also sends the old DATA packet coresponding to the ACK, using TFTP.send(). But somehow
those DATA packets are not seen on the interface in the snoop log :(. So client has a timeout
of say 5 secs, and closes the connection at its end indicating overall transfer failure. And
I could see the DATA packet coming in the snoop log after 13-14 secs of delay :(, once TFTP.send()
is invoked.

        Any clue why this could happen? Any help is appreaciate?

Regards,
Rahul