commons-user mailing list archives

From Guy Rouillier <guyr-...@burntmail.com>
Subject Re: Determine if an object is in a list
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 23:45:07 GMT
Brent Worden wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 10:38 PM, Guy Rouillier <guyr-ml1@burntmail.com> wrote:
>> James Carman wrote:
>>> It's not that hard to create your own predicate that does what you
>>> want.  We did that for our project.  Here are the two classes we use
>>> (the first one is a useful superclass for property value-based
>>> predicates):
>> James, thank you.  This is indeed what I was looking for.  Mind if I include
>> your classes with a feature request? (with attribution, of course.)  I think
>> this is basic functionality that should be included with Commons
>> Collections.
>>

> I think commons-beanutils has the predicate you need.
>
> http://commons.apache.org/beanutils/v1.8.2/apidocs/org/apache/commons/beanutils/BeanPropertyValueEqualsPredicate.html

Brent, thanks, that is exactly what I want!  Complete with an example
relevant to my need, no less.  Interesting that this one predicate is
packaged with BeanUtils instead of Collections, since it depends
completely on the Collections classes.  I would not have thought to look
in BeanUtils for a Collections predicate, so I appreciate you pointing
it out.

--
Guy Rouillier