commons-user mailing list archives

From "Shibu Kumar Nair" <s.n...@mpstechnologies.com>
Subject UTF-8 support on CSV
Date Thu, 31 Dec 2009 10:43:11 GMT
Hi all,

I have a struts 2 application from which user can download CSV file.

The problem is

            I download the CSV on the website then save to desktop of my
computer and Open it on NOTEPAD...

that works fine I could still see all the utf-8 text OK with no problem, but
if I open the CSV file in Microsoft EXCEL,

all the  utf-8 text are no longer readable.

Does any one have the solution for this, how could I make it readable in MS
Excel

I am using org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils

FileUtils.writeStringToFile(file, test);

i also tried it with

FileUtils.writeStringToFile(file, test,encoding) method

Still the problem exists

Regards

Shibu