commons-user mailing list archives

From ter <ter...@yahoo.de>
Subject commons FTP: copy a file within the remote server
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2009 17:23:51 GMT

Hello All,

-org.apache.commons.net.ftp- (FTPClient FTPReply)

I have been searching for a method to copy a file remotely within a ftp
server with no luck.
I can download and upload the file (which would do it), but I only need to
copy it within the server and that is bad resources management in my view.

I even found an example on how to copy a file between two ftp servers, but
when I try that with only one didn't work. Maybe partially because in that
example one server has to be set to passive and the other to active and
cannot do both things if I only have one...

I might oversee something? I have the feeling this should be an easy task :)
Any ideas welcome.

Thanks!
Ter