commons-user mailing list archives

From Charles Deal <chuckdea...@gmail.com>
Subject [LANG] 2.4: ExceptionUtils.getFullStackTrace()
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 22:08:36 GMT
The getFullStackTrace() method javadoc states "A way to get the entire
nested stack-trace of an throwable....".  However, after gathering the
nested Throwables, it performs a check while processing the array of
Throwables that causes it to abort before it renders the nested
stacktraces.

My question is: Should the if check be there?  Why go through the trouble of
getting the nested Throwables if you are going to short-circuit the
rendering loop?  I suppose it is possible that the intent was to iterate the
list in REVERSE and stop the rendering when you hit the Throwable that had a
root Cause.

Any thoughts?  I ended up capturing the getFullStackTrace method and removed
the if check within the loop and got exactly what I was looking for.