commons-user mailing list archives

From "Wm.A.Stafford" <staff...@marine.rutgers.edu>
Subject Re: DBCP deadlock
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 19:32:18 GMT
Marc,
I used the following to track down a connection leak when using an older
version of DBCP.  I have not used it with later versions but I believe
some of the DBCP methods seen here have been removed.  This method was
called after each call to open() and we saw the number of active
connections just keep on growing.

    public static String getConnectionPoolInfo( Dao dao){
        BasicDataSource ds = dao.getDataSource() ;
        String configInfo = "initialSize=" + ds.getInitialSize() + "
maxActive=" + ds.getMaxActive() + " maxIdle=" + ds.getMaxIdle() + "
minIdle=" + ds.getMinIdle() ;
        return  configInfo + "\nactive connections=" + ds.getNumActive()
+ " idle connections=" + ds.getNumIdle() ;
    }

hope this helps,
-=beeky