commons-user mailing list archives

From Marc Logemann ...@logemann.org>
Subject Re: DBCP deadlock
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 17:27:33 GMT

>> because as i said, there a 3 of 30 DB connections active on the DB
>> Server.
>
> Which indicates that you likely have a connection leak.

But in my view, connection leak means, i am not closing SQL
connections (apart form the fact that i checked this) but then these
connections would be "in use" by the pool and also "in use" by the the
server jobs that hold the connections. But thats not the case.

It would be nice to ask DBCP while the situations occurs, how many db
connection he "thinks" are in use. But never saw an example how to
query DBCP for status informations. C3P0 does a better job here or at
least they document how to do it.

I am still not sure that i am missing closing connections. Only a
fraction of my JDBC calls are "manual", the rest is by ORM.

---
regards
Marc Logemann
http://www.logemann.org