commons-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] Eclipse plugin available ?
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2009 22:31:37 GMT
On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 12:46 PM, Renaud, Martin
<Martin.Renaud@nuance.com> wrote:
> Hi Rahul,
>
> We've managed to use scxml very successfully in our application. Thanks
> a lot for the framework!

<snip/>

Good to know.

> I have an "after the fact" question: on the main scxml page, the is a
> picture of what seems to be an eclipse plugin that can transform a state
> diagram to an .scxml file and vice-versa. I didn't find such a beast...
> doest it really exists and if it does, where can we find it?

<snap/>

Its not for vanilla Eclipse, the screenshot is from a plugin available
on alphaWorks [1] for the Rational Software Architect (or Modeler will
do too). The alphaWorks plugin is not actively maintained. Another
approach discussed (you'll find a thread or two in the email archives)
is to use Eclipse MDT UML2 Tools and style the XMI into SCXML -- a
simple stylesheet that anyone can begin building on to something more
usable is here [2].

-Rahul

[1] http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/scxml
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/scxml/branches/J6/extras/