commons-user mailing list archives

From "geek.shrek" <miss_cool_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Failed creating file using VFS FTP
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2009 03:44:23 GMT
Thanks Ernesto for the reply,

yes I can create file on my local file system as well.
But when I changed to ftp, I'm still can't create the file.

Error said "Could not create file ftp://myuser:mypassword@123.345.678.890/mynewfolder/myfile.txt"
"Could not create folder "ftp://myuser:mypassword@123.345.678.890/ beacuse it already exists
and is a file"

I test this ftp by reading a file that already exist and it's fine. but when I want to create
it failed.

Any ideas?
Thanks again,

Hi Geek (!)

I tried to use your example in my local file system, and ti doesn't work.
I just change the path of the new path, cutting off the first "/" and it works.
> FileObject f = fo.resolveFile("mynewfolder/myfile.txt");

Try that and good luck,
Ernesto.

geek.shrek escribió:

Hi,

I'm trying to create a file using VFS FTP but it said the file already exist
eventhough it's not exists

Could not create folder "ftp://myuser:myp...@123.345.678.890/"; because it
already exists and is a file

Here's my code.

        try
        {
FileObject fo = fsManager.resolveFile("ftp://myuser:myp...@123.345.678.890";, authenticate());

            FileObject f = fo.resolveFile("/mynewfolder/myfile.txt");
            System.out.println("f " + f.exists());  --> return false;
            f.createFile();
System.out.println("Is readable: " + f.exists()); System.out.println("Last Modified" + f.getContent().getLastModifiedTime());

        }
        catch (FileSystemException e)
        {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }

private FileSystemOptions authenticate()
    {
        StaticUserAuthenticator auth = new StaticUserAuthenticator(null,
this.username, this.password);
        FileSystemOptions opts = new FileSystemOptions();
        try
        {

DefaultFileSystemConfigBuilder.getInstance().setUserAuthenticator(opts, auth);
        }
        catch (FileSystemException e1)
        {
            e1.printStackTrace();
        }
        return opts;
    }

Could someone please point me how can I create file using VFS?

Thanks,