commons-user mailing list archives

From "geek.shrek" <miss_cool_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: monitor file update help
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2009 04:00:34 GMT
Thanks for the reply :)

I had a look the sites before I post the question.
So far I have this code, but when there's an event for the folder it doesn't trigger the monitor.
I would like to monitor a folder for any event, such as file creation, delete, or update.

Any idea what did I do wrong?

[CODE]
public void watchFile()
    {
        FileSystemManager fsManager;
        try
        {
            fsManager = VFS.getManager();
            FileObject sourceFile = fsManager.resolveFile("ftp://username:password@host/myfolder"
,authenticate());
            FileSystem fs = sourceFile.getFileSystem();
            DefaultFileMonitor monitor = new DefaultFileMonitor(new FileListener(){

                @Override
                public void fileChanged(FileChangeEvent event) throws Exception
                {
                    System.out.println("File Changed" + event.getFile().getName().getBaseName());

                }

                @Override
                public void fileCreated(FileChangeEvent event) throws Exception
                {
                    System.out.println("File Changed" + event.getFile().getName().getBaseName());

                }

                @Override
                public void fileDeleted(FileChangeEvent event) throws Exception
                {
                    System.out.println("File Changed" + event.getFile().getName().getBaseName());

                }

            });
            monitor.addFile(sourceFile);
            monitor.start();