commons-user mailing list archives

From Niall Pemberton <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [BeanUtils] dependencies
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:03:15 GMT
On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Joonas Pulakka <joonas.pulakka@iki.fi> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm wondering what external dependencies BeanUtils actually has. On the main
> page http://commons.apache.org/beanutils/ it's mentioned
> that commons-beanutils.jar has an optional dependency on Collections. What
> does "optional" mean? Here

You need Commons Collections if you use any of the following classes:
    BeanMap
    BeanPredicate
    BeanPropertyValueChangeClosure
    BeanPropertyValueEqualsPredicate
    BeanToPropertyValueTransformer

> http://commons.apache.org/beanutils/dependencies.html it additionally says
> Logging is a dependency. And then, here is stated that both Collections and
> Logging packages are a _requirement_:
> http://commons.apache.org/beanutils/apidocs/org/apache/commons/beanutils/package-summary.html#overview.dependencies

That page is out of date wrt to Commons Collections - patches welcome

> Still, I've done some (very basic) successful experiments with BeanUtils
> with neither Collections nor Logging on the Classpath. What's the deal?

I'm surprised that you didn't have any issues without commons logging
since some of the core features of beanutils use them.

Niall