commons-user mailing list archives

From Bill Davidson <bill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DBCP woes (running out of cursors).
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 18:24:54 GMT
Martin Gainty wrote:
 >are you running as a Transaction?

In some cases, but a lot of these lingering cursors are on very simple
queries, with no insert/update/delete involved.  As I said before,
I'm finding lingering cursors on things as simple as "SELECT * FROM
some_table WHERE id = ?".

That does make me wonder though if there are Connection's getting sent
back to the pool that had a pending transaction without a commit/rollback
and if that could be making any cursors on that connection after that
linger?  It might explain the randomness of the queries showing up in
the list.  It also gives me a question I can send to my Java-challenged
Oracle DBA.  Thanks for the idea.