commons-user mailing list archives

From Alan Grimes <agri...@speakeasy.net>
Subject FTP library.
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 15:52:46 GMT
I've been trying to grok the NET/FTP library for several hours now and
I've only met with frustration so far. It's really quite remarkable how
well the documentation explains how to do practically anything under the
sun to a FTP archive *EXCEPT DOWNLOAD A FILE*. That's right, I can't
figure out how one is supposed to download a file. I can't find any
methods such as "getObjectBits" or "downloadFileText", or any examples
that involve downloading a file. There are no objects such as
FTPDataStream. FTPFile seems to be useless for anything other than
accessing file attributes. This is certainly a major documentation if
not design problem!!! =(

--
New president: Here we go again...
Chemistry.com: A total rip-off.