commons-user mailing list archives

From TomStrummer <tomstrum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NPE from DBCP connection pool
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2009 13:05:12 GMT

You're right; I looked at the DBCP source code and realized that my string
was in fact null.  My fault.

I'd suggest putting a guard and throw an IllegalArgumentException("SQL
string cannot be null") to make it a little more clear that the NPE is in
fact from the string argument, but it seems silly for something so trivial.

Anyway, thank you for your prompt response.

-Tom