commons-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] State and parallel models do not define src attribute
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2009 19:52:05 GMT
On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 4:30 AM, Loïc Quéran <loic.queran@gmail.com> wrote:
> Although the src attribute is read in
> SCXMLReader.readTransitionTargetSrc(final Configuration configuration, final
> String src, final TransitionTarget tt) when deserializing, it seems it is
> not possible to define this attribute in a state or parallel.
>
> I would like to create SCXML models with the model API.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

<snip/>

The Commons SCXML model and serialization follows the document
self-containment principle i.e. any external references are resolved
and stored in the model at creation time. This ensures predictable
behavior, should the referenced documents change over time, for
example. Therefore, if you want to create SCXML models directly using
the APIs in the model package, you will have to do the work that the
reader does yourself.

On a related note, the src attribute may not prevail in the spec going
forward in the interest of reusing existing mechanisms for including
XML fragments. So perhaps its best not to rely on it.

And finally, note that the model package APIs are really for internal
library use so they may change over time (in future releases).

-Rahul