commons-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] Parallel serialization problem
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2009 19:45:01 GMT
On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 5:40 AM, Loïc Quéran <loic.queran@gmail.com> wrote:
> A parallel can have nested parallel children (and history) in addition to
> state. I am afraid SCXMLSerializer.serializeParallel() does not handle this
> properly. A quick replacement in HEAD revision could be
>
> while (i.hasNext()) {
>            TransitionTarget tt = (TransitionTarget)i.next();
>            if (tt instanceof State) {
>                serializeState(b, (State) tt, indent + INDENT);
>            } else if (tt instanceof Parallel) {
>                serializeParallel(b, (Parallel) tt, indent + INDENT);
>            }
>            // serializeHistory
>        }

<snip/>

Best to open an issue with a patch so this doesn't get lost.

> Will this be handled in http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SCXML-72 ?
<snap/>

Yes and no :-) Yes in that the new SCXML IO classes should support
this in the J6 branch when its ready and no in that SCXML-72 is a
complete rewrite so doesn't address the particular class above.

> Is there an expected release date ?
<snip/>

Not for the J6 branch yet (which relates to SCXML-72). For trunk, if I
had to hazard a guess with appropriate disclaimers, I'd say towards
the end of the year.

-Rahul