commons-user mailing list archives

From Stephen and Sherry Kinser <skin...@gmail.com>
Subject Query about CONFIGURATION-390, a threading problem in commons-configuration reloading
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2009 19:33:41 GMT
What's the activity on resolving CONFIGURATION-390? I see it's slated to be
fixed in 1.7, but how likely is that to happen? This threading issue is
killing me. I'd rather not have to synchronize every every configuration
call just because I need to be able to reload the configuration when the
file changes. Is the plan to still support the thread-safety claim that Oliver
Heger made back in 2006 (
http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg14490.html)?

Thanks,
Stephen Kinser