commons-user mailing list archives

From Martin Ritchie <ritch...@apache.org>
Subject [CONFIGURATION] Help with optional XML file in override section of configuration builder.
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 12:30:05 GMT
Hi,

I have been reading the Configuration Builder docs
(http://commons.apache.org/configuration/userguide/howto_configurationbuilder.html)
and have been trying to get the configuration below to take my
optional configuration.
However, both the test.config property and the resulting file must
exist even though I have marked the config as optional. Can someone
with more understanding of commons configuartion take a look at the
config below and point out what I've done wrong?

Regards
Martin

<configuration>
   <system/>
   <override>
       <xml fileName="${test.config}" config-optional="true"/>
       <xml fileName="${TEST_HOME}/etc/config-systests-settings.xml"/>
       <xml fileName="${TEST_HOME}/etc/config.xml"/>
   </override>
</configuration>