commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [CONFIGURATION] Help with optional XML file in override section of configuration builder.
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 19:37:41 GMT
Martin Ritchie schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I have been reading the Configuration Builder docs
> (http://commons.apache.org/configuration/userguide/howto_configurationbuilder.html)
> and have been trying to get the configuration below to take my
> optional configuration.
> However, both the test.config property and the resulting file must
> exist even though I have marked the config as optional. Can someone
> with more understanding of commons configuartion take a look at the
> config below and point out what I've done wrong?
>
> Regards
> Martin
>
> <configuration>
>    <system/>
>    <override>
>        <xml fileName="${test.config}" config-optional="true"/>
>        <xml fileName="${TEST_HOME}/etc/config-systests-settings.xml"/>
>        <xml fileName="${TEST_HOME}/etc/config.xml"/>
>    </override>
> </configuration>

Maybe you can provide a short code fragment demonstrating how you load
this configuration. What exactly happens, do you get an exception?

Per default, the configuration builder logs an exception if it cannot
create a configuration marked as optional. But this should not have any
further consequences.

Oliver