commons-user mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject [dbcp] Re: Question about some further information
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2009 18:15:29 GMT
Malte.Kempff@de.equens.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I guess it is a kind of a new bee question:
>
> I took a look at the configuration page (
> http://commons.apache.org/dbcp/configuration.html)
>
> Well there are really interesting parameters, but this table does not
> really say where to put those parameters, does it?
>
> Is it to set somehow in java code, or are those parameters are to be
> placed into a property-file????

Have a look at the examples by following the "Examples" link on the
main page http://commons.apache.org/dbcp/

In particular, the BasicDataSourceExample shows you how to create a
BasicDataSource instance, set its properties and use it to get
database connections.

DBCP can also be used via JNDI (see the tomcat 5-6 docs for examples
of this), in which case the properties are provided in container
configuration files.

Phil

P.S.: Since this list is shared by all commons components, we ask
that you prepend the component name as I have done above to the
subject line of posts to this list.  Thanks!

> Either I am a bit blind or this information is missing really.
>

> Could somebody help me find the right link?
>

> Thanks a lot in advance
>

> Malte

[dbc]