commons-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Herber <patrick.her...@gmail.com>
Subject [compress] add a memory efficient stream compress InputStream - e.g. a "DeflaterInputStream"
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 10:33:23 GMT
Hello!

I've the same issue as described in

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COMPRESS-48

My web application recieves an InputStream (an uploaded large file)
which I need to save compressed in the DB.
Currently (since the file could be really big) I save it GZIP-ed into a
Temp File and then I open a new InputStream to that file. However this
process take up more than 60% of the overall method execution:

tempFile = File.createTempFile(Long.toString(getId()), null);
tempFile.deleteOnExit();
GZIPOutputStream gos = new GZIPOutputStream(new FileOutputStream(tempFile));
IOUtils.copy(is, gos);
is = new FileInputStream(tempFile);
stmt.setBinaryStream(3, is, -1);
stmt.executeUpdate();

The issue is marked as fixed but I didn't find how/where.
Could you kindly give me a sample how to do it?

Thanks a lot for your help

Best regards

Patrick