commons-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <>
Subject Re: [SCXML] has anyone written an XMI-to-SCXML XSLT script?
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 03:28:14 GMT
On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 9:06 PM, Jacob Beard<> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've just started looking into SCXML Commons, and I'm interested in
> attempting to leverage it as a statechart execution environment that
> could be used to power a statechart simulator, built on top of Eclipse
> UML2Tool's existing statechart editor. UML2Tools currently serializes
> to XMI, and SCXML Commons takes as input SCXML, so it seems like the
> easiest way to connect these two environments (given that they both
> read/write XML formats) would be to write an XSLT script to convert
> the XMI to SCXML. This seems like such an obvious idea, that it seems
> very likely that someone may have already implemented it. I have not
> been able to find any resources on converting XMI to SCXML, or
> vice-versa, via XSLT. Is anyone aware of such an implementation?

Sure, that approach makes sense. Atleast one such was mentioned on
this list, but unfortunately, the URL pointing to it in the archives
now seems to be going nowhere -- here is that post:

There could be others along these lines ofcourse, I haven't looked lately.

> I'd greatly appreciate any guidance anyone can offer. Thanks,
> Jake

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message