commons-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] has anyone written an XMI-to-SCXML XSLT script?
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 03:28:14 GMT
On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 9:06 PM, Jacob Beard<jbeard4@cs.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just started looking into SCXML Commons, and I'm interested in
> attempting to leverage it as a statechart execution environment that
> could be used to power a statechart simulator, built on top of Eclipse
> UML2Tool's existing statechart editor. UML2Tools currently serializes
> to XMI, and SCXML Commons takes as input SCXML, so it seems like the
> easiest way to connect these two environments (given that they both
> read/write XML formats) would be to write an XSLT script to convert
> the XMI to SCXML. This seems like such an obvious idea, that it seems
> very likely that someone may have already implemented it. I have not
> been able to find any resources on converting XMI to SCXML, or
> vice-versa, via XSLT. Is anyone aware of such an implementation?

<snip/>

Sure, that approach makes sense. Atleast one such was mentioned on
this list, but unfortunately, the URL pointing to it in the archives
now seems to be going nowhere -- here is that post:

  http://markmail.org/message/brvykubemfjknchy

There could be others along these lines ofcourse, I haven't looked lately.

-Rahul