commons-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SCXML : can we use ${prop-name-attributes} within <scxml /> definition ?
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 19:41:20 GMT
On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Renaud, Martin<Martin.Renaud@nuance.com> wrote:
> Hi Rahul,
>
> Thanks for answering.
>
> I want to avoid repeating the event name twice, because of the typo risks (among others).
>
> For example, once in the state machine definition:
>
>        <state id="MyState">
>        <transition event="core.request.sent"   target="MySecondState"/>
>        </state>
>
> And again in the code:
>
>        public static String EVENT_NAME = "core.request.send";
>        mySM.fireEvent(EVENT_NAME)
>

> The names are different (send/sent).

<snip/>

OK, got it.

> I could easily inject the names in my java code using spring and a property file. EX:
>
> event.name.foo=core.request.sent
>
> and use the property name ${event.name.foo} where I need in spring files and use some
bean to trigger the events. I would like to know if there is a similar substitution mechanism
that allows me to use to a property file (the same in this case) against my state machine
definition.

> I understand that I can pre-process the xml document before handing it to scxml, but
I wanted to know if this feature exists or is being plan.

<snap/>

You will have to do some pre-processing since this kind of
substitution is not provided as a feature by Commons SCXML. One could
imagine a number of technologies (generate a DTD or DOCTYPE with
entities, straight text replacement etc.) that will allow setting up
of such pre-processing, so in that sense it almost seems beyond the
scope of the core library function.

-Rahul