commons-user mailing list archives

From "Renaud, Martin" <Martin.Ren...@nuance.com>
Subject SCXML: "external" vs. "internal" events
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 21:41:49 GMT
Hi (again...)

In the examples/usecases provided on the scxml site, the events are
fired from outside the state machine. I called them "external" events.

Is it valid to trigger events from inside my state machine sub-class, in
a state handler method?  As I understand it, those events should be
queued after any pending events (if any). However, it seems that those
"internal" events are not processed.

Side question, if an event if fired but it is not
relevant/applicable/configured for the machine current state, is there a
way to have an exception to be thrown?

I can provide config + code to illustrate my point, but I'd like to be
sure it suppose to work first.

Thanks,

Martin