commons-user mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [Configuration]VFSFileSystem
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 13:43:22 GMT

On Aug 18, 2009, at 12:58 AM, rzo wrote:

> Ralph,
>
> I have now had the time to build the configuration project from
> trunk/head and to test your changes.
> It now works as expected.
> I am currently not able to test the proxy settings. I will get back
> to you with these test results later.
>
> Thanks for your efforts and for this great framework.
>
> BTW: have you ever considered supporting templating within a
> configuration.
> This would allow something like this (using velocity)
>
> locale.specific.porperty = #if
> ($System.getProperty("locale").startsWith("en")) #then en_texts
> #else default_texts
>
> which could help define a single configuration file for multiple
> platforms.

a. Commons Configuration already supports variables. You can register
your own lookup that can implement that functionality.
b. I added an expression lookup that uses JEXL. I've tested it with
DefaultConfigurationBuilder but it should work in any configuration.
If you run mvn site you will find the documentation for this.

Ralph