commons-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Beard <jbea...@cs.mcgill.ca>
Subject [SCXML] has anyone written an XMI-to-SCXML XSLT script?
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 01:06:31 GMT
Hi all,

I've just started looking into SCXML Commons, and I'm interested in
attempting to leverage it as a statechart execution environment that
could be used to power a statechart simulator, built on top of Eclipse
UML2Tool's existing statechart editor. UML2Tools currently serializes
to XMI, and SCXML Commons takes as input SCXML, so it seems like the
easiest way to connect these two environments (given that they both
read/write XML formats) would be to write an XSLT script to convert
the XMI to SCXML. This seems like such an obvious idea, that it seems
very likely that someone may have already implemented it. I have not
been able to find any resources on converting XMI to SCXML, or
vice-versa, via XSLT. Is anyone aware of such an implementation?

I'd greatly appreciate any guidance anyone can offer. Thanks,

Jake