commons-user mailing list archives

From luc.maison...@free.fr
Subject Re: [math]: weighted variance?
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 07:46:26 GMT

----- "Matthew Rowles" <rowlesmr@gmail.com> a écrit :

> 2009/8/20 Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com>:
> > mickeydog@TaosNet.com wrote:
> >>
> >> Does the commons math library have a weighted variance?
> >> I don't see it, just wanted to verify.
> >> If it did, I would expect to see something like:
> >> Variance.evaluate(double[] values, double[] weights, int begin,
> int
> >> length)

> > No, this does not yet exist.  Patches welcome!
> >
> > Phil
>
> I'm looking at having a go at implementing evaluate(double[] values,
> double[] weights, int begin, int length) in UnivariateStatistic (and
> all implementing classes).
>
> Are there any coding styles to adhere to, other than those in the
> standard Java conventions?

Most of the rules are enforced in the checkstyle.xml file. This means that if you run "mvn
site" to regenerate the site with all reports (or perhaps simply mvn checkstyle:checkstyle)
you will see what is wrong.
The most important rule is probably: no tabs!
We also wrap lines after operators rather than before operators, which is a difference with
Sun conventions if I remember correctly.
If you create new files (I don't think this will be needed here), don't forget to add the
Apache header at the beginning.

Luc