commons-user mailing list archives

From Gerardo Velez <jgerardo.ve...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DBCP and informix issues!
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 05:32:27 GMT
Hi James!

Thank you for response!

Unfortunatelly, I had problems trying to use the Delegating Connection, here
is my snippet of code and the error arised.

[Code1]
import org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingConnection;

java.sql.Connection conn =
(DelegatingConnection)dataSource.getConnection()).getInnermostDelegate();

java.sql.Statement  stmt = conn.createStatement();

[Error 1]

java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.PoolingDataSource$PoolGuardConnectionWrapper
cannot be cast to org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingConnection

As I'm using tomcat 6.0.20 as a web server, I already read that tomcat
renamed dbcp library to tomcat-dbcp.jar in order to no make an interference
with another application, so actually I've tried this

[Code2]
import org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.DelegatingConnection;

java.sql.Connection conn =
(DelegatingConnection)dataSource.getConnection()).getInnermostDelegate();

java.sql.Statement  stmt = conn.createStatement();

[Error 2]

java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.PoolingDataSource$PoolGuardConnectionWrapper
cannot be cast to org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.DelegatingConnection

So far, I'm using follow configuration for the connection pool

<Resource name="jdbc/SIPDB"
            auth="Container"
            factory="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory"
            type="javax.sql.DataSource"
            driverClassName="com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver"

url="jdbc:informix-sqli://MyHostname/database:INFORMIXSERVER=dev"
            username="myusername"
            password="mypassword"
            initialSize="5"
            maxActive="100"
            maxIdle="30"
            maxWait="10000"
            removedAbandoned="true"
            removeAbandonedTimeout="300"
            accessToUnderlyingConnectionAllowed="true"/>

Thanks in advance!

-- Gerardo Velez