commons-user mailing list archives

From TomSimmons <tom.simmo...@ge.com>
Subject Apache Commons Email and Attachments
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2009 14:45:29 GMT

Hello One and All

I'm hoping someone can help me with sending and HTML Email with attachments.

I was originally using the standard Java Mail API for sending messages,
however while Outlook and many others were happy with the HTML and it's
images being inline attached Lotus Notes was it's usual helpful self and
wasn't playing nice.

I therefore re-wrote the whole thing using Commons Email using the
HtmlEmail, but initially leaving out attachments until I had everything
working.  This is now complete and the HTML email that is sent is displaying
properly in Notes as well now.

I was hoping that I could just use the attachment example from the website,
along with the HTML example, however this doesn't seem to be the case.  When
I try it in Outlook I received a text email with the HTML version as an
attachment and the files I wanted attached.  While just to be different
Notes displays the HTML email and the required file attachment correctly.

There seems to be some suggestion from what little I can find online that
you can't use HtmlEmail and have to instead build a multipart, is this true,
does someone have an example?

Thanks

Tom