commons-user mailing list archives

From "Watkin, James" <james.wat...@anderson.ucla.edu>
Subject RE: What's required to convert from DBUtils 1.1 to DBUtils 1.2?
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2009 03:25:53 GMT
Here's a recent related post to a Microsoft website where Microsoft
seems to be admitting flaws in their JDBC driver. Although my queries
don't use table aliases, they still fail.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=mi
crosoft.public.sqlserver.jdbcdriver&tid=95a47cdd-72ce-450b-9bca-3bee0203
8b17&cat=en_US_22326e25-7529-45bb-a7af-96ec8a2601d7&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=&
p=1

Has anyone gotten DBUtils 1.2 to work with the Microsoft JDBC driver? I
haven't used the jTDS driver in a long time, does jTDS work for this
issue? Does the most recent version of jTDS work well generally?

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Watkin, James [mailto:james.watkin@anderson.ucla.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 7:45 PM
To: Commons Users List
Subject: RE: What's required to convert from DBUtils 1.1 to DBUtils 1.2?

Within DBUtils 1.2, these exceptions are being thrown from the call to
stmt.getParameterMetaData() within QueryRunner.fillStatement:

    public void fillStatement(PreparedStatement stmt, Object[] params)
        throws SQLException {

        if (params == null) {
            return;
        }

        ParameterMetaData pmd = stmt.getParameterMetaData();

Some earlier SELECT queries without parameters are getting executed
without throwing any exceptions.

DBUtils 1.1 doesn't seem to use the stmt.getParameterMetaData() call.

This is failing with the latest Microsoft JDBC driver, version 2.0,
sqljdbc4.jar, with Java 1.6.0_11. I suppose I can try updating my JDK.

Jim