commons-user mailing list archives

From Steve Ebersole <st...@hibernate.org>
Subject commons-exec and streams
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 16:55:25 GMT
I am having a problem with using commons-exec and having file output
streams end up containing truncated results.

I have to assume that the streams are closed by the pump handler before
all the output it piped (or perhaps because there is no flush before
closing).  Here is my usage:
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/labs/labs/jbossbuild/maven-plugins/tags/maven-jdocbook-plugin-2.2.0/src/main/java/org/jboss/jdocbook/i18n/gettext/TranslationBuilderImpl.java

@ the very end in the generateTranslatedXML method.

In digging in to the code, it seems that after Executor#execute() is
done processing the launched process, it already closes the streams
managed by the PumpStreamHandler so I don't think my explicit flush()
and close() in the finally block really have any effect.

Can someone outline the correct way to pipe stdout from a process
managed by Executor to a file such that the results are not truncated?

--
Steve Ebersole <steve@hibernate.org>
Hibernate.org