commons-user mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [Configuration]VFSFileSystem
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 01:03:14 GMT

On Aug 5, 2009, at 10:08 AM, rzo@gmx.de wrote:

> Ralph,
>
> sorry for the delayed answer and thanks for your fast response.
> I am quite busy lately and have not had the time to check your new
> version.
>
> I have however patched the class, so that it works for me.
> Attached is a copy of my code.

The list may not allow attachments as I don't see it on your email. If
you could add it to Jira that would be preferred anyway. If you
haven't tested the updated code then I will at least compare what you
have done with what I did.

> You will note that I have added a method getFileOptions(String file)
> since getting the options has to be done multiple times.
>
> I have also been having problems with VSF: calling
> fsManager.resolveName(new File("."), "http://somewhere.com/
> somefile") results in an Exception due to a bug in VFS. A similar
> bug, in the method which cleansup file names and removes multiple
> "/" returns "http:/somewhere.com/somefile", which is obviously
> wrong, has been reported on the VFS issue tracker in 2008, but has
> not been resolved yet.

Are you using trunk of VFS? I ran into several issues that I fixed. If
this is not one of the ones I fixed then please identify the Jira
issue and I will look at it.

> fsManager.resolveFile(...) however works as expected and I therefore
> changed the code to use resolveFile instead of resolveName, wherever
> it was required for my application.

I am glad that that works.

Ralph