commons-user mailing list archives

From Charles Matthew Chen <charlesmc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Saving images in Sanselan
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 03:02:20 GMT
Hi Jonathan,

   You can definitely use Sanselan to modify an image's metadata.  I'm
not quite sure I understand exactly what problem you are seeing.

   I would suggest you a) read the image entirely into memory as a
byte array. b) modify it's metadata with sanselan and write the output
to a byte array in memory c) write the byte array to a file/over your
network connection.  Looking at the size of the intermediate values
should help you isolate whether the problem lies.

   It would also be helpful to know: what image format the images are
in?  Are the output images valid or corrupt?

   Normally, I would recommend that you open an issue and attach
code/images that reproduce the problem so that we can take a look.
However, our project is the course of a transition: we're being
assimilated into the Commons project.  I'm not quite sure when/if/how
our issues will be migrated, nor what issue tracking system the
Commons project uses.

   Why don't you open an issue in Jira despite the transition -
perhaps we can resolve your issue before it is decommissioned.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SANSELAN

Matthew