commons-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Basic Maths Help
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 18:56:27 GMT
Ahh... excellent.

Chris Bishop's book "Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning" is a *really*
excellent resource for relatively modern machine learning.  Also good is
Andrew Gelman's book Data Analysis Using Regression and Multilevel
Hierarchical Models, but you will have to read between the lines quite a bit
with that to do time-series stuff.

On the web, I would recommend you look into Gaussian Processes.  This web
site seems to be a good introduction with good further links:
http://www.gaussianprocess.org/

David Mackay is always worth listening to:
http://videolectures.net/gpip06_mackay_gpb/

That should keep you pretty engaged for a bit.

When you come up for air, drop on over to the Apache Mahout mailing list
where I can provide more information.